miércoles, 14 de mayo de 2014

Beautiful Webcomics



There's some truly captivating stuff out there, and some webcomics can be really, truly breathtaking, sometimes in style, sometimes in substance, sometimes both.

I'd rather not spoil the surprise with a description. Just click here and start scrolling down. The author generally shows a gentle, curious sensitivity that I'm really enjoying.

Another similar concept from xkcd, a comic that explores existential and/or nerdy questions with subtletongue-in-cheekdorky-yet-pertinent humour, and a certain aesthetic. If you had to click only one of these links, I'd suggest this one.

Then there's the sweet sorrow and macabre hilarity of Romantically Apocalyptic.

This is one of my favourites; Lackadaisy, a rural mob tale of the prohibition era, while it doesn't dwell on poetic contemplation much, the art is striking enough that I thought it merited an honorary mention; the characters' expressions convey its statements powerfully enough.

Homestuck is an immense story drawn, written, coded, composed and interpreted by one guy. It can be very beautiful. It is also extremely strange. You can start here.

And finally, this little piece of perfection, for your viewing and listening pleasure. Watch it in HD if you can.


As for what to do about it, I refer you to the comic on top of the post!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario